A Year Of Beer
Today is my birthday. I’m not saying this because I’m seeking out well wishes or gifts (although beer is always welcomed in my house – wink), but because in one year from now I will turn 40. I don’t have the dread some people do about that magic number, but I started thinking it would be fun to have a build up to that event. So the BDR beer streak was born. Andrew can have his run streak, this one will take some real endurance.
After about 7 minutes of research I couldn’t find anything on the internet about official rules on a beer streak so I have created my own:
- Drink at least one NEW beer a day: This may seem pretty easy, but at this point I have already had so many different beers it might end up being quite a challenge. I am obviously on my honor here. You’re going to have to trust me.
- Minimum of 4 oz: I figure this is the smallest amount offered in many flights, grabbing a sip of a beer from the local bar does not count.
- A day equals waking hours, not midnight to midnight: Sometimes my job keeps me late for various reasons, if I get home after midnight and still need to drink my beer for the day I’m gonna count it.
- Beer only: Seems like a silly rule, but Ciders and Meads do not count. They are enjoyable beverages associated with beer culture but this is a beer streak.
- Vintages count, sort of: There is a fine line between vintage beers and once a year seasonal beers. Basically I think beers I review as a new beer each year should count as a new beer for this streak. For example 2014 Founders KBS is a new beer, Founders Breakfast Stout is not.
Pretty simple. You can follow my streak on twitter @wortremover and I will post my daily beer there. I will also check in about once a month here on Brew Drink Run. Wanna beer streak with me? Let me know so I can follow you as well!