Custommade.com has produced an infographic and article focusing on ways that homebrewers can be more efficient and environmentally responsible with their hobby. You can preview it below and read the full article on their website.
CustomMade’s top ten ways to conserve while homebrewing are outlined as:
- Transition to all-grain brewing
- Use stainless, glass or other “lifetime” materials instead of plastics and disposables
- Use local and organic ingredients
- Grow your own ingredients if possible
- Find ways to reuse your spent grains
- Save and reuse your yeast
- Use less water to chill wort
- Find ways to reuse your water
- Move away from disposable containers
- Use environmentally-friendly cleaners
The article goes in-depth with each of those tips and has some fun, informative supporting material to boot. It’s definitely worth a read.
How do you conserve while homebrewing? From re-using water from the chiller to water your plants to turning spent grains into energy bars, we want to hear what you do to keep costs down and the planet healthier. Leave us a comment with your tips.